Thursday is Here, can the weekend be far away?

Laureen S.
on 11/9/11 6:50 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning PA Friends,

I get all happy as the weekend approaches, though it goes so fast with all the activities of life that we incorporate into 2 days, I just never get why the workweek has to take the bulk of our precious time. . .

Well last night I went and visited with Jackie and her wonderfully supportive family and she was doing fabulous, when I left she was doing her 2nd lap in the corridors with family in tow and she is looking forward to sharing her experience with everyone as soon as she goes home, which I do believe will be today.  She is just an awesome young lady and I know she is on her way to living out her dreams.

As noted above, today will be a work day and so in a few minutes I will get ready to leave for work, after work I will meet up with a friend of mine and we will probably go to Starbucks for coffee and then head to our AA homegroup for a meeting, then it will be home to bed.  Otherwise, just another day, hoping it will be a good one, already have a couple of projects to work on when I get to work and that is a good thing.

Hope you all have a wonderful day and I wish peace and strength to any facing challenging life situations.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Nicole0216
on 11/9/11 6:55 pm - Lancaster, PA
Good Mornig Laureen and PA. You are so sweet to go visit Jackie and check in on her. I am at work today, leaving a tad early for some bloodwork. I shudder to think what it will cost I have spent so much money on medical stuff lately. I have therapy tonight not a minute too soon.

Things at work just are not good. I believe that the requirements of this job, and the rest of the BS that comes along with it because of the State and imature employees it not not skill set. I do not have what it takes to excell in this job. It is not a flaw of mine, it is just part of the job and not something I enjoy or want to do. So I will be putting out resumes soon. If anyone know of any jobs within the Lancaster area that suit a person with a Clinical License in SW holler at me. :) 

[email protected]

I hope you all have a great day. Looks like we might get some rain.
proudmama13
on 11/9/11 6:57 pm - Bristol, PA
Morning, Laureen and all of PA!

Great early bird minds think alike!...I posted a Thursday post a couple minutes after you...LOL!    I have been craving Starbucks for days now.  Every day I check in with my OA sponsor and tell her I'm going to SB, but I STILL haven't made it there yet!  So ENJOY and have some java for me:)

Enjoy your day:)
Selena

bvohl
on 11/9/11 8:34 pm
Good Morning Laureen,

My weekend is already here! I am off today and tomorrow!! YIPPPEE!!!!!

Hope everyone is well!

Glad to hear that Jackie is doing so well!!

Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

dit657
on 11/9/11 9:03 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning Laureen and PA - today is my FRIDAY! We have the holiday off tomorrow, and it's also my 22nd wedding anniversary. We have some things to do around the house but will go out for a nice dinner tomorrow night. Laureen, we're going to try that new place on 202 call Firebirds (I think that's what it's called) - our neighbors went - said it's not inexpensive but it is very good. I guess I better see if I can make reservations.

You are so sweet to visit Jackie - I know how much it meant to me to have visitors from this board when I was at Barix recuperating - Sister Jan and Lisa came to visit me - I was so touched that people who had never met me in person would take the time to come and sit with me and talk! I miss them on these boards...

Today is work for me - dinner will be leftover homemade beef stew - this is a sad, but true statement that last night for the first time in my 54 years I made homemade gravy!!

Hoping to get together with a good friend on Saturday for a shopping excursion out to Lancaster - haven't heard from her to firm up the plans but hopefully we're still on.

Be safe out there today - nasty fog and dumb-dumbs who feel they don't need their headlights on!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Laureen S.
on 11/9/11 9:49 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Kathy,

It is nice to have people come and visit and when I worked in NYC I could not visit patients unless I was not working, so going to visit with Jackie was a treat and she is a very special young lady, who has shown real courage as she has already faced several challenges on her journey and she handles it all with such a wonderful attitude.  Anyway, it was good seeing her, today she goes home and well I can't wait to see the progress as it unfolds. . .

Have a wonderful celebration tonight, I'll try not to be jealous of your longgggggggg weekend.

Take care, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

steffihope
on 11/9/11 9:30 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Good morning Laureen and all of PA.  I am so glad to hear that Jackie is doing well.  She is an amazing woman!

I am at school. Had a nice night visiting with some friends.  Came home to an arguement with Josh.  It just doesn't seem to end.  Was asleep sometime after 11:30 and ignored my alarm clock this morning and slept in an extra hour.  oops - Guess who didn't do her hair nicely this morning.  Oh well.  After school, I will go home for a little and then back out to a new therapist.  So, it will be paper work and therapy.  Tonight I will be home.  I will be off tomorrow as well.  So in need of a three day weekend!  (I could actually use a 6 month weekend, but, whatever!!!!)

Happy Thursday!
jastypes
on 11/9/11 11:29 pm - Croydon, PA
Good morning, dear friends.  I'm at work, as usual.  I'm still trying to figure out how to grieve the loss of my friend, and I am guessing pizza and Dunkin Donuts isn't really the way to do that.  I'm meeting with my sponsor tonight, so maybe she can help me figure out just how to process things and feel feelings for a change.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views